The aim of LBT Women’s Health Week is to raise awareness about lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and queer women’s health inequalities, to make it easier for service providers to empower service users and for communities to support LGBTQ women.
The week is also an opportunity to celebrate, highlight, and learn from the work of groups and services which provide dedicated support to the women in our communities.
LBT Women’s Health Week 2019 took place from the 11th to the 15th of March.
We’re already planning #LBTWomensHealth20 (9th-13th March), including:
- supporting LGBT and other VCSE organisation to put on events and activities during the week,
- working with partners to plan webinars and learning sessions,
- identifying opportunities to bring together the people working at all levels to improve LGBTQ women’s health to network and celebrate with each other,
- seeking out subject experts for a twitter Q&A, and
- working with sector and media partners to get wide coverage of the week and the health issues we’ll be highlighting.
If any of the above interests you, please get in touch with Harri Weeks